espldaily – sports, entertainment, lifestyle

Visit espldaily to get up-to-the-minute sports news coverage, entertainment news, and lifestyle articles

George Kambosos Warns That He Will Embarrass Teofimo Lopez

Unbeaten Australian George Kambosos strongly believes that he will embarrass Teofimo Lopez when they step in the ring in the coming months.

Kambosos, who last year became a mandatory challenger, will face Lopez for the IBF, WBC Franchise, WBA, WBO titles.

The Triller app won a recent purse bid to secure the promotional rights to the fight.

Late Wednesday night, Lopez took to social media to announce a fight date of June 5th in Miami, Florida.

But, he quickly removed the tweet for unknown reasons.

Lopez’s stature in the sport skyrocketed in 2020, when he pulled off an upset twelve round unanimous decision over Vasiliy Lomachenko. At the time of their fight, Lomachenko was regarded by many as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the sport.

The fight with Kambosos will be his first defense of the unified crown.

Kambosos became the mandatory challenger last year, when he bagged a twelve round decision over former champion Lee Selby in a final eliminator.

Lopez is a big favorite to come away with his hand raised in the contest.

The unbeaten Aussie is not intimated and feels confident that his boxing skills, and a tough mental focus, will lead him to a career-defining victory.

“No one has ever turned round to Teofimo and said, ‘I’m coming straight at ya. I don’t care what you’ve done’. They’ve all been scared of him, I don’t know why. He’s a young, 23-year-old little kid,” Kambosos told The Sun.

“I’m not scared of any man, I saw what Lomachenko did in that fight in the later part, I’m bigger, stronger, faster and more explosive and more violent. Just like Lopez shocked the world, it’s going to be very embarrassing come our fight.”

Source: BoxingScene

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »
error: Content is protected !!