Michael Conlan pulls out of world title bout against Isaac Dogboe, the Belfast boxer’s ankle injury forced him to abandon the fight scheduled for 5th December 2020.
Conlan was scheduled to face the former WBO super-bantamweight champion and hoped a victory would land him a world title shot.
“Absolutely devastated to announce I will no longer be fighting December 5,” said Conlan, 28, on Twitter.
“Back home now recovering. Doc said I’ll be out for 8-12 weeks but I’ll be back sooner, just watch,” the boxer added.
By stopping Sofiane Takoucht in August, the unbeaten 28-year-old secured his 14th straight career victory.
Conlan said earlier this year that if it hadn’t been for the coronavirus pandemic, he would have planned to fight for the world title at Belfast’s Falls Park in the summer.
Six of Conlan’s 14 professional fights took place in New York, with two bouts taking place in Belfast, including a Falls Park show in the summer of 2019 near his childhood home in the west of the city.
A hardcore football fan, Kofi Blay is also a data analyst and a Master chef.